The Kosovo and Metohija Office announced that the Minister of Defense, Aleksandar Vulin, was banned from visiting Kosovo, reports Radio Television of Serbia (RTS).
The Office for KiM strongly condemned “the scandalous decision of Pristina and mediators in the Brussels dialogue”, reports RTS.
The KiM Office further said it was “clear that such a decision was made in the co-ordination of Pristina and the European External Action Service with the intention of humiliating Serbia”, reports the media.
“This decision is all the worse, because it comes after consent of Pristina, in a meeting in Brussels on Sunday, to adhere to the agreements reached so far and acts with respect towards the side, with which allegedly it wants an agreement,” the statement said.
The statement pointed out that Minister Vulin’s visit was announced in accordance with established procedures. The statement pointed out that it represented the most serious violation of the Agreement on visits of officials, guaranteed by the European Union.
“Representatives of individual states in the past days also tried to introduce a verbal delict in our country, trying to suggest to our state officials what kind of messages should be sent on Vidovdan, which is an unprecedented event in diplomatic practice,” the Office for KiM said in the statement.
RTS reports that Minister Vulin will hold an urgent consultation with the President of the Republic of Serbia, Aleksandar Vucic, on the issue, and the content will be announced to the public in a timely manner.