Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic said KFOR spokesperson Vincenzo Grasso with his latest statement confirmed KFOR did not inform official Belgrade about what is being prepared and happening, Tanjug news agency reported.
Grasso said earlier that anyone reading the newspapers was informed about the action. He added there were no activities directed against the Serbs on Thursday, but it was about “legitimate police units conducting the operation, that resulted in arrests of civilians and police officers of different ethnic background.”
Grasso also said “there was no inter-ethnic clashes.” According to him Kosovo special police unit was invited to intervene because there were blockades on the road, B92 reports.
Meanwhile Vucic told TV Pink he has “warned both, the international community and our people that it will happen. Of course, media would report on that. If they refer to the fact that I have warned about something and the press published it as my warning, it does not mean they have informed us and that we knew it”.
“When it comes to NATO, everything is clear after Mr. Grasso’s statement. I have warned about what will happen in Kosovo and Metohija, and that is true, and those who should have prevented that from happening did not do so. Since they pretend they did not know it has nothing to do with the fight against corruption and the crime. I will stand by the Serbian people, and not by criminals. I never supported that,” Vucic added.
He emphasized once gain Hungarian KFOR wanted to act differently and thanked them for that.
Commenting on journalist’s remark that not everybody in KFOR understood the situation in the same way as KFOR spokesperson Grasso interprets it, Vucic said – I want to thank our Hungarian friends and that information is accurate to the great extent. I want to thank him for their concern about Serbian people and everything that happens in Kosovo and Meothija, B92 reported.