Kosovo President Hashim Thaci said today that he read with concern what he called disappointing conclusions of the EU Council of Ministers on Kosovo, the news website reports. Thaci wrote in a Facebook post: “It is apparent that internal turbulences have dimmed the vision of the EU which is failing to overcome the protective instinct and its negligence toward the whole region, in particular about Kosovo. We are not at fault for the internal problems of the EU and we do not pose any threat to the EU. This is why we cannot be blamed for the lesser role of the EU in the region and Kosovo because of its continuous setbacks. While neighboring countries, such as Albania and North Macedonia, expected substantial news for their path toward EU membership, we were expecting something minimal. We expected positive reflection about ending the unjust isolation of the people of Kosovo. Regrettably, the EU is treating Kosovo differently from other countries, and this injustice is evident. The same goes for the lack of a constructive commitment of our state institutions to coordinate strategic actions in the interests of the country. I call on leaders of institutions and heads of parliamentary parties to reflect on the grave situation in our country vis-à-vis our membership prospects in EU and NATO. The isolation and stagnation must end. The citizens of the Republic of Kosovo deserve Kosovo’s development and integration in Euro-Atlantic structures”.
Thaci: EU is unjust toward Kosovo, isolation and stagnation must end (Indeksonline)
By OSPI-f / 19/06/2019 / Comments Off on Thaci: EU is unjust toward Kosovo, isolation and stagnation must end (Indeksonline)
- Published: 1 month ago on 19/06/2019
- By: OSPI-f
- Last Modified: June 19, 2019 @ 1:58 pm
- Filed Under: Articles from Kosovo media
- Belgrade Media Report 22 July 2019 22/07/2019
- Popov: Several options for resolving Haradinaj’s case, ‘political engineering’ possible (TV N1) 22/07/2019
- Dacic: I do not know if there are 20 alive witnesses (RTS) 22/07/2019
- Kosnett: U.S. friendship with Kosovo doesn’t depend on a party or politician (media) 22/07/2019
- LDK MP: If other parties form coalitions, we will have to do the same (media) 22/07/2019
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Search by date
Filter by tagsAAK Aleksandar Vucic B92 Balkan Insight Blic border demarcation Dialogue Djuric Elections Epoka e Re EU EULEX Haradinaj Jahjaga KIM radio Klan Kosova Koha Koha Ditore Kosovapress Kosova Sot Kosovo Kosovo Assembly Kosovo Government Kosovo Police LDK Marko Djuric Mitrovica Mustafa N1 North PDK RTK RTK2 RTS Serbia Serbian List special court Tanjug Telegrafi Thaçi UNMIK Vecernje Novosti Vetëvendosje Vucic Zëri
DisclaimerThis website consists of selected local media articles for the information of UNMIK personnel. Search engines do not index this site. The choice of articles translated is exclusive and the contents do not represent anything other than a selection of articles likely to be of interest to UNMIK readership. The inclusion of articles in this summary does not imply endorsement by UNMIK.
July 22, 2019
July 22, 2019
- What happens to countries with no borders? Consider Kosovo - Pravda 22/07/2019What happens to countries with no borders? Consider Kosovo PravdaWe continue to watch the unbelievable bizarre, immature, and wholly irrational saga over whether or not we (the US) will be fortifying our borders with Mexico ...
- Crown Princess Kathrine sends humaniatrian help to Kosovo and Metohija - Royal Central 22/07/2019Crown Princess Kathrine sends humaniatrian help to Kosovo and Metohija Royal CentralCrown Princess Kathrine of Serbia has, in order to help the Serbian people in Kosovo and Metohija again this year, sent a donation worth more than 10,000 ...
- Serbia's president says Kosovo PM's resignation is a… - Brinkwire 21/07/2019Serbia's president says Kosovo PM's resignation is a… BrinkwireBELGRADE, Serbia – The surprise decision by Kosovo's prime minister to step down over a call for questioning from a Hague-based court has been slammed ...
- What happens to countries with no borders? Consider Kosovo - Pravda 22/07/2019
Office of the Spokesperson for the UN Secretary-General
The United Nations Kosovo Trust-building Forum