Director of the Forensic Medicine Institute Arsim Gerxhaliu said that this week will start preliminary assessment and excavation in places suspected to have human remains, reports RTK2 quoting Albanian media.
“The digging will begin on Tuesday in the village of Zac in the municipality of Istok, where three months ago a citizen found mortal remains believed to belong to the killed persons during the war in Kosovo.”
According to prosecutor Drita Hajdari, preliminary excavations will continue at eight other locations in the territory of Kosovo.
Gerxhaliu said that due to the winter season there was no excavation. According to him, now that the time has improved, they have developed a work plan, and which will begin to apply earlier this week.