Kosovo Prime Minister, Ramush Haradinaj, said today that he has recently asked for the initiation of procedures to close and suspend the activities of casinos and games of chances, several news websites report. Haradinaj took to Facebook to write, “I welcome the draft resolution proposed by 49 members of the Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo to suspend the activities of casinos and games of chance and to amend the respective law. Several days ago, in my capacity as Prime Minister, I have asked for the initiation of procedures that will result in the shutting down and suspension of activities of casinos and games of chance. In face of this situation, we will not allow for these venues to be an arena of crime that claim people’s lives. The government and security mechanisms are already mobilized to react and prevent further degradation”.
Haradinaj hails initiative to suspend casinos and games of chance (media)
By OSPI-f / 22/03/2019 / Comments Off on Haradinaj hails initiative to suspend casinos and games of chance (media)
- Published: 3 months ago on 22/03/2019
- By: OSPI-f
- Last Modified: March 22, 2019 @ 11:54 am
- Filed Under: Articles from Kosovo media
- Belgrade Media Report 19 June 19/06/2019
- Mogherini and Pompeo about the Western Balkans (RFE, RTK2) 19/06/2019
- IMF: The tariff on imports from Serbia and B&H has increased consumer prices (KoSSev) 19/06/2019
- LDK’s Hoti: Local producers are not profiting from 100 percent tariff (media) 19/06/2019
- Tahiri authorized Kosovo-German police operation against organized crime (Lajmi) 19/06/2019
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Search by date
Filter by tagsAAK Aleksandar Vucic B92 Balkan Insight Blic border demarcation Dialogue Djuric Elections Epoka e Re EU EULEX Haradinaj Jahjaga KIM radio Klan Kosova Koha Koha Ditore Kosovapress Kosova Sot Kosovo Kosovo Assembly Kosovo Government Kosovo Police LDK Marko Djuric Mitrovica Mustafa Nisma North PDK RTK RTK2 RTS Serbia Serbian List special court Tanjug Telegrafi Thaçi UNMIK Vecernje Novosti Vetëvendosje Vucic Zëri
DisclaimerThis website consists of selected local media articles for the information of UNMIK personnel. Search engines do not index this site. The choice of articles translated is exclusive and the contents do not represent anything other than a selection of articles likely to be of interest to UNMIK readership. The inclusion of articles in this summary does not imply endorsement by UNMIK.
EBRD: Balkan countries may need 200 years to catch up with average income in EU (Beta, Biznis Magazine)
June 19, 2019
- IMF Staff visits Kosovo - New Europe 19/06/2019IMF Staff visits Kosovo New EuropeAn International Monetary Fund mission led by Stephanie Eble, visited Pristina during 12-18 June, to discuss recent economic developments and Kosovo.
- Eurowings Opens A New Base In Priština, Kosovo - Simple Flying 19/06/2019Eurowings Opens A New Base In Priština, Kosovo Simple FlyingEurowings is opening its second base outside of Germany and Austria in Priština, Kosovo. It will base an A319 there and launch new routes.
- [Photo] Kosovo War survivor of sexual violence awarded 2019 Kim Bok-dong Prize - The Hankyoreh 19/06/2019[Photo] Kosovo War survivor of sexual violence awarded 2019 Kim Bok-dong Prize The HankyorehVasfije Krasniqi-Goodman is the first survivor of sexual violence during the Kosovo War to publicly share her story w...
- IMF Staff visits Kosovo - New Europe 19/06/2019
Office of the Spokesperson for the UN Secretary-General
The United Nations Kosovo Trust-building Forum