- Vetëvendosje to appeal ECAP’s decision to Supreme Court (All monitored broadcasters, KTV)
- Konjufca: Srpska Lista should recognise state of Kosovo (Most monitored broadcasters, KTV)
- VV-LDK meeting focussed on economy (All monitored broadcasters, Klan Kosova)
- PDK and AAK undetermined about their involvement in dialogue (Most monitored broadcasters, KTV)
- Astrit Dehari – turning point in Kosovo’s justice history (RTK)
Vetëvendosje to appeal ECAP’s decision to Supreme Court
(All monitored broadcasters, KTV)
Vetëvendosje Movement has announced to appeal to Supreme Court the decision of the Elections Complaints and Appeals Panel (ECAP), which rejected as ungrounded the appeal of Vetëvendosje for counting 4639 envelopes with ballots from diaspora that arrived with a delay.
Vetëvendosje had earlier also submitted the case to the Supreme Court, requesting for ECAP to take into consideration the right to vote. Now, Vetëvendosje has announced that it will appeal the case to the Supreme Court again.
“Although Supreme Court of the Republic of Kosovo called upon ECAP to take this right into consideration, today (Monday) the Panel again, artificially, and in a narrow interpretation, denied the right to ballot count for our citizens living abroad. VETËVENDOSJE Movement will again appeal the case to the Supreme Court, expecting that the case will be resolved and the ballots will be counted,” Vetëvendosje’s statement says.
“Our compatriots do not deserve that anybody violates their fundamental right, which derives from the Constitution of the Republic of Kosovo and from international laws,” the statement concludes.
Konjufca: Srpska Lista should recognise state of Kosovo
(Most monitored broadcasters, KTV)
Deputy Chairman of Vetëvendosje Movement, Glauk Konjufca, spoke about the possibility of inclusion of Srpska Lista in the new government.
He said that they would not accept conditions from Srpska Lista regarding the governing formula.
“I do not think that coalition with Srpska Lista is such a condition, so that without them the next government of Kosovo cannot be formed. The Minister should be elected in consultations with them, but we will not make coalition agreements as it happened in the past. The Article in the Constitutions stipulates that Government shall be elected with 61 votes. The Article does not specify whether they shall be Turks, Serbs, or Albanians,” Konjufca stated to RTV Dukagjini.
He added that Srpska Lista should recognise the state of Kosovo.
VV-LDK third meeting focussed on economy
(All monitored broadcasters, Klan Kosova)
After more than three hours, the third meeting between working groups of Vetëvendosje and LDK was concluded.
Following the meeting, Glauk Konjufca of Vetëvendosje explained that the discussions on Monday were focussed on harmonisation of the economic platform.
“For three hours in a row, with quite intensive discussions, we discussed this area only. I can tell you that more than 40 topics were addressed, that is to say, 40 economic matters were discussed. Regarding more than 90 per cent of them we agreed what decisions and reforms the next government should take, and the 10 per cent of them that we have not reached a final agreement, will be completed in our future meetings. We have agreed on the most important topics, but we want to agree, so that nothing will be unclarified in the next government. We want to have in-depth discussions, so that when the next government is practically in function, we do not face disagreements,” Konjufca said.
He said that they did not discuss who the Minister of Finance will be.
Konjufca added that they needed to merge the election campaign platforms of both parties and come up with a clear platform on economic development.
Konjufca said they have agreed that four more meetings of the working groups will take place, where four other topics will be discussed. However, he did not rule out the possibility of more meetings to be held if need be.
“…Our belief is that in four meetings, we will conclude almost 100 per cent our agreements for the next government,” Konjufca concluded.
Meanwhile, monitored broadcasters reported that Lutfi Haziri has been appointed Head of LDK’s Negotiation Team for discussions with Vetëvendosje about government coalition. Haziri has been appointed by the LDK leader Isa Mustafa.
PDK and AAK undetermined about their involvement in dialogue
(Most monitored broadcasters, KTV)
Resumption of the dialogue with Serbia and possible finalisation of the process with a comprehensive agreement for normalisation of relations between Kosovo and Serbia is predicted to be one of the first commitments of the next government, which is expected to be formed based on a coalition between the winning party – Vetëvendosje Movement, and the second winning party – LDK.
Both parties intending to form new government, have called for the opposition to join the dialogue. In the next term of the institutions, the opposition will be composed of former parties in power, such as PDK and AAK.
Elmi Reçica, a member of PDK’s chairmanship, stated to Radio Free Europe that they would closely monitor the dialogue with Serbia, and depending on developments, PDK will make its decisions in line with the circumstances.
“As a party, we have been a constructive part at all stages of development in the country, and the country’s interest will certainly be a priority of PDK in the future, too. However, now it is too early to speak, regardless of what will be the stance of the government coalition about resumption of talks,” Reçica said.
He added that international mechanisms, particularly Washington, have increased their commitment to resumption of the dialogue.
“Of course, other factors have been involved in the dialogue now, the international factors have been involved, especially Washington, which is far more powerful in concluding the talks, and I believe that on this triangle, PDK will come up with a clear and accurate stance,” Reçica said.
On the other hand, AAK officials said that the party’s executive committee and chairmanship will decide about the possibility of joining a negotiation team for the dialogue with Serbia.
Time Kadrijaj of AAK stated to Radio Free Europe that it was still early to discuss this issue, given that the new institutions have not been established yet.
Political analysts in Kosovo say that presence of opposition in the delegation for negotiations with Serbia would be a very good political injection for the Prishtinë/Pristina authorities.
Jeta Krasniqi, an analyst of the Kosovo Democratic Institute (KDI), stated to Radio Free Europe that first and foremost, unity amongst political parties in Prishtinë/Pristina is needed on the political dialogue between Kosovo and Serbia.
Astrit Dehari – turning point in Kosovo’s justice history
A Symbolic activity was held on Monday evening in remembrance of former member of Vetëvendosje Movement, Astrit Dehari, organised by coordination group of the ‘I am Astrit’ activities.
The symbolic activity was held at the place where the memorial mural for Dehari has been built. On this occasion, the participants extended their solidarity and grief with Dehari family, and in remembrance of Astrit, they covered the passage with candles, flowers, and postcards with messages to his family.
The activity was attended by the leader of Vetëvendosje Albin Kurti, relatives of the deceased activist Astrit Dehari, and other citizens.
Jeta Berisha, a member of the ‘I am Astrit” activities, said that Astrit Dehari has been a turning point for the history of justice in Kosovo, and announced the demands that will be addressed in the next march, scheduled to be held on 5th November.
“Let this evening be our first solidarity event to let the institutions know about our revolt and indignation for not shedding light on the Astrit Dehari case for three years. Publication of findings of the Forensic Institute experts’ report from Switzerland, has provided the right to the claim of Dehari family for a new investigation into the causes of violent death of Astrit Dehari. The report literally turns down the hypothesis of the case prosecutor for suicide and calls for a new investigation, including investigation of the possibility of involvement of third persons in his murder. I would like to announce that on Tuesday, 5th November , at 12:00hrs, we will gather at Scanderbeg Square to march through streets of the capital city, asking justice for Astrit Dehari with the following demands: assigning a new, credible investigative group, transferring the case from the Basic Prosecution Office in Prizren to the Kosovo Special Prosecution Office, dismissing and investigating all responsible persons in the entire institutional chain, from the Government , Police, Prisoners Directorate, Prosecution Office and Forensic Department, and immediately launching a new, credible, transparent, independent and professional investigation into the causes of Astrit Dehari’s death, as well as investigating death circumstances of the key case witness, his roommate in the Detention Centre in Prizren, Naser Makolli,” she said.
On this occasion, Astrit Dehari’s father, Avni Dehari, called for bringing before justice all those who were part of what he called the murder of Astrit Dehari.
“From 5th November 2016 until a few days ago, state authorities, justice representatives, irresponsible and criminal persons in power, have continuously tried to persuade us as a family that Astrit committed suicide in the Prizren Prison. Upon arrival of the report which found that Astrit Dehari was murdered, that is over. That compelled them to admit it, those who until recently were emphasising suicide. With this report, the first phase of the battle for Astrit Dehari’s case has been won and concluded. Now the second phase of the battle will be launched, to bring before justice all those who directly or indirectly were involved in the murder of our son,” he stated.