Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Skip to main content

Autopsy, identification of exhumed remains in progress (Tanjug)

BELGRADE - The process of autopsy and identification of the remains exhumed from a gravesite at the Rudnica quarry, southern Serbia, is underway, and a second location at the quarry, also believed to hold human remains, will be searched in the next several weeks, the Serbian government's Commission on Missing Persons stated on Tuesday. The largest part of the site was searched in detail as forensic archaeologists unearthed more than 43 bodies and a large number of partial remains.

Nikolić: I have no intention to trade with Kosovo (Press)

President of Serbia Tomislav Nikolić said last night to RTS that election results for Kosovo parliament are expected ones and reiterated that he has no intention to trade with Kosovo. Nikolić said that results are expected ones with regards to Albanian parties, whereas he is not satisfied when it comes to Serbs since they will have only 10 or 9 seats instead of 20, what shows that there is a sort of lack of interest for participation for addressing the problems.

Tags

Germany takes over the care over the Western Balkan region (Danas)

Berlin, Belgrade - German Chancellor Angela Merkel announcement that by the end of August she will invite all the countries of the Western Balkans to a conference about their path to the EU, can be interpreted as the willingness of the Germans to take care of the region, partly as a consequence of the Ukrainian crisis, said to Danas Predrag Simic, President of the Forum for International Relations of the European Movement in Serbia. Merkel said last weekend that at such a conference "clearly will be stated" that Berlin wants to support the Western Balkans and to "look to the future together."

37 bodies discovered in Rudnica so far (Tanjug)

RUDNICA - The remains of 37 people killed in the Kosovo conflict in 1999 have so far been exhumed from the Rudnica quarry, southern Serbia, head of the commission on missing persons Veljko Odalovic has said during a visit to the location. "The process goes on and 37 bodies have been recovered so far," he told reporters on Thursday, adding that the exhumation would continue throughout June. The commission will insist that the exhumation be complete and conducted in a highly expert, responsible and sufficiently transparent way, he noted. "I believe we will have to use much more time with new s

Vucic: Serbia pillar of stability in region (RTS, Tanjug, Vecernje Novosti)

VIENNA - Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic has noted that Serbia is a pillar of stability in the region and that the country is doing its best when it comes to the negotiation process with Pristina. In an interview to Vienna-based daily Der Standard ahead of his Wednesday visit to Austria, Vucic said that after the agreement was signed in April last year, much has been implemented, and that recently a final, very important agreement on the judiciary was reached. Concerning the forthcoming parliamentary elections in Kosovo-Metohija, Vucic said that there is no doubt that Serbia has neve

Remains of at least 34 persons exhumed at Rudnica (Tanjug)

BELGRADE - The remains of at least 34 persons have been exhumed so far from a gravesite at the Rudnica quarry in the municipality of Raska, southwestern Serbia, the Serbian government's Commission on Missing Persons stated on Tuesday. A number of exhumed remains are undergoing forensic processes and identification by a team of forensic scientists from Serbia and EULEX experts. The next steps will include careful extraction of the remains and their forensic processing and identification, states the release. The exhumation at the Rudnica quarry started on April 23 upon the order of the War Cr

Zannier: Serbia to preside in significant year for OSCE (Tanjug)

BELGRADE - Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) Secretary-General Lamberto Zannier said Saturday that 2015, the year of Serbia's presidency over the organisation, will be significant as the 40th anniversary of the signing of the Helsinki Final Act. Judging by the current situation, Ukraine is the main topic to be addressed by the OSCE in the coming period, Zannier told Tanjug, noting, however, that it is unknown how the situation in that country will develop by the time Serbia takes over the OSCE presidency. We hope that the political

Tags

Serbia does not recognize Kosovo diplomas (Epoka e Re)

Serbia does not recognize diplomas from Kosovo, despite the fact that this is the easiest way for Albanians from Presevo Valley in Serbia to study. The Constitutional Court of Serbia has given its opinion regarding the agreement reached in Brussels and proclaimed the agreement to be anti-constitutional. The opinion of the court is not in force yet. However, Albanian politicians from the Valley stated that many families have invested in the education of their children but they remain unemployed.