Prime Minister of Kosovo, Ramush Haradinaj, confirmed today that the tax on imports from Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina will remain in force. He also commented on accusations that the tax is impairing Kosovo’s relations with the U.S.: “It is good to be honest with the U.S. and EU. When we were afraid of the Specialist [Chambers] we tried to overturn it. We didn’t care that Americans were saying it would be a stab in the back. Now when it’s about gaining the recognition, it is being said it will ruin partnership with the U.S.” He added: “We will not give our market to Serbia without acquiring recognition in exchange. This is not against the U.S.” Haradinaj said it would not make sense to suspend the tax for a period of 120 days as proposed by Kosovo Assembly President and leader of the Democratic Party of Kosovo (PDK) Kadri Veseli. “If we open the door for 120 days we might as well not reapply it anymore. The goods that would enter during those 120 days would last for ten years.” He said that calls for concluding an agreement with Serbia is also something Kosovo wants but not at the price of giving away land or agreeing to the creation of a republic in the form of the Association of Serb municipalities.
Haradinaj: Relations with U.S. were of no concern in efforts to overturn Specialist Chambers (media)
By OSPI-rq / 30/01/2019 / Comments Off on Haradinaj: Relations with U.S. were of no concern in efforts to overturn Specialist Chambers (media)
- Belgrade Media Report 22 July 2019 22/07/2019
- Popov: Several options for resolving Haradinaj’s case, ‘political engineering’ possible (TV N1) 22/07/2019
- Dacic: I do not know if there are 20 alive witnesses (RTS) 22/07/2019
- Kosnett: U.S. friendship with Kosovo doesn’t depend on a party or politician (media) 22/07/2019
- LDK MP: If other parties form coalitions, we will have to do the same (media) 22/07/2019
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Search by date
Filter by tagsAAK Aleksandar Vucic B92 Balkan Insight Blic border demarcation Dialogue Djuric Elections Epoka e Re EU EULEX Haradinaj Jahjaga KIM radio Klan Kosova Koha Koha Ditore Kosovapress Kosova Sot Kosovo Kosovo Assembly Kosovo Government Kosovo Police LDK Marko Djuric Mitrovica Mustafa N1 North PDK RTK RTK2 RTS Serbia Serbian List special court Tanjug Telegrafi Thaçi UNMIK Vecernje Novosti Vetëvendosje Vucic Zëri
DisclaimerThis website consists of selected local media articles for the information of UNMIK personnel. Search engines do not index this site. The choice of articles translated is exclusive and the contents do not represent anything other than a selection of articles likely to be of interest to UNMIK readership. The inclusion of articles in this summary does not imply endorsement by UNMIK.
July 22, 2019
July 22, 2019
- Transfer news: Fulham keeping tabs on Kosovo international Elbasan Rashani - Daily Mail 22/07/2019Transfer news: Fulham keeping tabs on Kosovo international Elbasan Rashani Daily MailThe Cottagers are keen to add a wide player to their ranks ahead of the Championship season and Rashani who plays for Norwegian side Odd Ballklubb, is on ...
- Haradinaj: I Resigned To Protect Kosovo's Sovereignty - Radio Free Europe/ Radio Liberty 22/07/2019Haradinaj: I Resigned To Protect Kosovo's Sovereignty Radio Free Europe/ Radio LibertyOutgoing Kosovar Prime Minister Ramush Haradinaj says he is resigning from office to avoid any damage to Kosovo's statehood in the wake of his designation ...
- 'A Shelter Among The Clouds' leads winners at Kosovo's PriFest - Screen International 22/07/2019'A Shelter Among The Clouds' leads winners at Kosovo's PriFest Screen InternationalRobert Budina's mountain-set family drama A Shelter Among The Clouds was the key winner at Kosovo's PriFest in Pristina on Sunday (July 21), taking home ...
- Transfer news: Fulham keeping tabs on Kosovo international Elbasan Rashani - Daily Mail 22/07/2019
Office of the Spokesperson for the UN Secretary-General
The United Nations Kosovo Trust-building Forum